Spa like bathrooms have been all the rage for a while, but some homeowners have taken home wellness to the next level with the installation of infrared saunas. These compact saunas are perfect for including in your remodeled master bath or other retreat. Why are saunas such a boon to wellness?
Here are some of the benefits infrared saunas can offer:
- Relaxation: Not only do your muscles feel more relaxed from the heat, but your time in your home sauna can be a welcome retreat from your day to day stresses. You can use your time in the sauna for peaceful meditation or simply quiet relaxation away from your everyday stressors.
- Sweat: Sweating is detoxifying and can aid weight loss and lead to clearer, more youthful, skin.
- Heart Health: Decreased blood pressure. Due to vasodilation that occurs in blood vessels, saunas can actually lower blood pressure. Studies have found that taking saunas can regulate an irregular heart rate and improve circulation by raising heart rate.
- Pain Relief: Improvement of inflammation is one benefit of infrared saunas. Heat penetrates the muscles and leads to an increase in relaxation. Saunas are particularly helpful at easing post-workout soreness.
Infrared Sauna Precautions:
- Consult your physician before beginning to take saunas, especially if you are on blood pressure medications or have heart problems. Saunas can lower blood pressure.
- Hydrate before entering the sauna and upon leaving slowly drink several glasses of water.
- Do not take saunas if you’re pregnant or trying to conceive (this includes men who are trying to conceive).
- Do not drink alcohol or take any mind-altering medications before taking a sauna.
- If you are ill or have a fever, do not use a sauna.
ADB Has Experience Incorporating Infrared Saunas into Homes
Here at ADB we have incorporated infrared saunas into several of our remodeling projects. We feel saunas can be a wonderful addition to any remodel making wellness a top priority in the home. More and more, our homes become sanctuaries, not only for decompressing from the stresses of life, but for deep healing. Are you curious about how we can fit an infrared sauna into your remodeling project? Contact us today to learn more.